Saturday, March 1, 2014
6:00 – 9:00 pm
Putnam Centennial Center
719 E. Third, Cle Elum
$10 children 6+
We are an all-volunteer, 501(c)(3), non-profit organization
Our Mission Statement
The Friends of the Roslyn Library’s mission is to support and cooperate with the Roslyn Public Library in developing, maintaining, and enhancing facilities, resources, and services for the public through fundraising, advocacy and volunteering.
Good Friends make good libraries.
The Friends of the Roslyn Library was created in 1996 to support and raise money for the Roslyn Library.
Since then, the Friends has raised thousands of dollars with which we have funded…
- Books and other collection materials;
- Reading and literacy programs for children
- Computer hardware and software;
- Cultural programs for adults;
- Furniture and signage;
- Safety and media equipment;
- Assistance with continuing education for the Librarian, library board members and Friends’ board members;
- Matching funds for children’s book and other grants;
- Grant writing to raise funds for the remodeling of the Library, and
- Rent for the temporary library space.
The Friends of the Roslyn Library have developed some great programs, products and events to support the Library, including Seussapalooza, a chili feed and silent auction featuring quirky entertainment, which is the group’s biggest and best fundraiser of the year. We also hold two book sales each year, one over the 4th of July weekend and one on the first Saturday of December. And, we hold an annual membership party in October.
The energy and dedication of these community volunteers ensure that each year fresh and exciting ways to support and enhance the Roslyn Library are realized.
Saturday, March 1st
6:00 – 9:00 pm